Remember that time I professed my undying love for Kodaline? Well, last night Matt and I had the privilege of seeing them in concert at Jammin' Java in Vienna. It was AHMAHZING.
|Not bad, iPhone. Not bad.|
Her album comes out TOMORROW, and DUH, of course I immediately pulled up my iTunes account and pre-ordered it. If you can't wait until tomorrow, then you can go to Nylon and listen to the whole album before it's released.
As you can see, the show last night was fantastic. And, since it was in Vienna, it wasn't such a pain in the bones to get there. It's really hard to pick a favorite song, but I will give you one of my favorite lyrics, from Kodaline's song "Big Bad World:"
Don't think that this is ALL I am listening to at the moment. My love affair is inclusive to many artists; not just one. Here are a few of my favorites this fall:
- Haim--seriously, if you haven't listened to any of their songs yet, DO IT NOW.
- Guess whose back with with a brand new rap?!?! Okay, yes, you're right, Eminem is back, but I'm actually referring to BNL (Barenaked Ladies). You know you loved this band in their 90s heyday, and they've just realized a new album to remind us all of how much we truly love their music.
- Vampire Weekend has some fantastic new music out. I heard a soundbite from, I'm assuming, Ezra who basically said that they always feel that each new album is drastically different from what came before, yet people still say "that sounds like typical Vampire Weekend." I agree that they are always changing things up, but there's something about this band that's so very...well, Vampire Weekend.
- Have you ever given The Airborne Toxic Event a try? If not, please do. This guy was basically trying to write a novel, then decided it sounded better when put to music. If that doesn't convince you, then listen to the playlist below and thank me later.
- Britney Spears. Need I say more?
What's making the rounds on your playlists, lately?