How about THAT alliteration?? Anyway, it's that time of year--time for the Pretty Little Liars Halloween special. Are you as excited as I am?
In case you don't know Pretty Little Liars is a quality show from ABC Family that has had me hooked since season one. I remember those days well--watching it on my laptop, since I didn't have cable, eating taco bell, and hanging onto every plot twist and turn. The show is a combination of I Know What you Did Last Summer and Mean Girls. That should be enough to tell you that it's totally awesome.
If I were a parent, I don't think I would let my impressionable young daughter watch this show. These girls do a WHOLE lot of dumb things, which all have terrible consequences. But, just for fun, in honor of tonight's special, let's review the worst life lessons we've learned from PLL:
10. You just can't trust cops. They are creepy old men hanging onto their youth who will sleep with your mom to get you out of a shoplifting charge.
9. If you keep getting suspicious texts from an unknown number, you should DEFINITELY go hunt that person down in a creepy abandoned warehouse, or perhaps even an isolated forest clearing. Trust me, it's legit.
8. It's totally okay to be in a relationship with a teacher--your parents will be so cool about it.
7. If someone goes all psycho on you and tries to drown you in a swimming pool, that person was probably having a bad day. You'll need to tell yourself this once you start dating said person, otherwise you'll seem like a psycho too.
6. The best way to apply to college is to give your application to some random blonde girl you just met, then trust her to hand it off to a guy at a party who allegedly works in the admissions office. You are practically guaranteed admission!
5. Got a suspicious package? No big! Go ahead and open it at the kitchen counter, because nobody EVER sends dangerous items through the mail these days.
4. If your mom steals a bunch of money from her job, the best place to help her hide it is in everyday food items in your kitchen cupboards. Nobody will ever notice a couple of hundos in between the lasagna noodles.
3. If you happen upon a secret passageway in a cemetery, by all means, follow it! There's definitely nothing weird going on in there.
2. Never tell your parents anything. You can handle it all on your own--can't you see how well that's working out for the Liars?
1. Secrets, secrets are no fun...because they ensnare you in an intricate game of lies, blackmail, and...wait for it...MURDER.
What are your favorite lessons you've learned from PLL? If you've never watched, you can catch up with the other seasons on Netflix. And don't worry if you haven't caught the Halloween special yet--I'll tell ya you can expect the usual: a whole lot of nothing up until the very end.
Have a beautiful day.