Well, here we are at another Monday. How did that happen? Even though Monday has a reputation for being the worst, I have a playlist for you that should help you kick those blues. This week's playlist features some of my favorite new tunes that I can't get enough of lately.
Today's list features:
- New music from AWOLNATION (and nobody was more surprised than me when I realized I liked this band--not always my kind of music).
- A catchy tune from Holychild, somewhat new to the scene
- Yelawolf's "Till it's Gone," another musician I'm totally surprised to like
- Teaser music from some upcoming new releases, including Modest Mouse and Passion Pit! I feel all the excitement!! (p.s. Not included on this playlist, but Mumford has a new song out as well! Check it out here.)
- Speaking of feelings, "Peaches," by In the Valley Below makes me feel everything. I can't put my finger on it, but every time I hear it I am overcome with emotion.
- Music from the new show Empire. If you haven't watched it yet, you should. It has some great tunes, and features Taraji Henson kicking ass and taking names.
All this and more for your Music Monday!