It's hard to believe that October is rushing by, but I'm also okay with that--October can go ahead and get out the door, as far as I'm concerned. November may do the same. I know I'm supposed to be savoring this time, and enjoying these last few months before baby arrives, but there is so much going on at work right now, all I can do is eagerly await Thanksgiving, when things slow down and the pressure of too many projects and deadlines are off my shoulders.
Matt and I spent Saturday exploring a treasures sale in Purcellville. After a day of searching, we ended up buying a beautiful clock for Aida's room that was actually from one of the boutiques in town, instead of a vendor. We had fun though, and here are just a few of the interesting items one may find at a Treasure sale:
|Look at me, rocking denim on denim like I'm bringing back the 90s! I didn't realize I did this until after lunch that day, but I believe all denim, all the time is the latest thing, so we're going with it. Outfit details below.|
- Storage jars that proudly exclaim, "Joe and Brenda's Kitchen"
- Creepy vintage toys (I saw a babydoll high chair that looked like it belonged in an 80s horror film)
- Random holiday decorations
- The scent of beef and onions wafting through the breeze, because every church in town has decided now would be a good time to do a hot dog and baked good fundraiser
- Dogs--lots and lots of dogs. Every time we saw one, we looked at each other and said, "Millie would have loved this!"
It was a beautiful day, and we ended it with dinner at Ford's with friends. I spent most of Sunday working on homework for grad school, but thanks to the day before I felt relaxed and calm. It didn't hurt that I have a wonderful husband who did the grocery shopping--grocery stores on a Sunday trigger my anxiety like nothing else.
Enjoy your day off, friends, because tomorrow you'll be draggin! Here's the Fall playlist, with a few additions to last week's list:
- CHVRCHES--I'm embarrassed I left off tunes from their super amazing new album on last week's list
- New song from Disclosure, featuring Lorde, everyone's favorite New Zealander musician...right after Flight of the Conchords, obviously!
- One of my favorite FofC songs, because I just mentioned them and it reignited my love.
This post contains affiliate links, and if you lick on one and/or make a purchase from that click, I may receive a commission. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Thoroughly Modern!
linking up with Biana and Meghan for Weekending!