- For the beauty lover: This is the best time of year to get a set of beauty products at a great value! I think it makes a great gift because of the variety--if you're not sure exactly what kind of makeup the giftee is into, a gift set gives them choices. I love this set of NARS lipstick from Sephora, or these fun color from Essie that you can find at Tar-Jay.
- For the perfume aficionado: It's also a great time of year to get perfume sampler sets--again, if you're not sure what kind to get, you can basically buy them all and hope for the best! But seriously, there are some great sets out there. If you're looking to splurge, go for this Jo Malone set from Nordstrom. I have the Peony and Blush Suede--smells great and makes others think you've just stepped off your private jet for some light shopping before heading to the French Riviera for the holidays. For a more affordable option, you can't go wrong with Victoria's Secret--I'll always be a fan of the Angels perfume!
- For the person who carries around a purse that is the size of a small suitcase: Ladies, I think we all know the very real struggle of carrying around a giant tote--you can literally never find what you need! I love zip pouches, like this one from Draper James, or this one from Lilly, because you can zip up those hard-to-find but desperately needed items. I'll definitely be getting one for myself to include in my diaper bag!
- For the tea lover: Why settle for a boring, old kettle when you can have a fun printed one? This also makes a great gift for the office!
- For the fashionista: I believe every woman needs a beautiful, bold statement watch in her life. I personally love watches in a rose gold hue, like this one from Kate Spade. If you're close to an outlet mall, definitely check out the shops there, like Kate Spade, and Michael Kors, for great deals on some gorgeous timepieces.
- For the organizer: Mix things up with this bold print from Lilly Pulitizer, and gift your Type A friend with this notepad and matching folio. (Maybe I already have the folio, and maybe I need the notepad too--friends, family, take note!)
- For the person who needs to wear clothes when they leave the house (i.e., everyone): Clothes can be a tricky thing to buy as a gift, but I personally think you can't go wrong with a comfy cardigan, some cozy pajamas, or a puffy vest.
- For the Nap Team Captain: Self explanatory.
- For the aspiring chef who also loves Harry Potter: Cookbooks can also be a tricky gift, because thanks to Pinterest and the internet, they are becoming less and less of a kitchen staple. However, if you've got an HP lover in your life, you can't go wrong with this gem! My personal favorite recipes are Hagrid's Beef Casserole, Mrs. Weasley's Onion Meatballs, and Cauldron Cakes.
- For Kate Thomas...I mean, anyone who loves a trendy iPhone case: It might be hard to see here, but the case is see through so you can finally let your gold iPhone shine, but also overlay it with a fun pattern. This also makes a great stocking stuffer for Kate Thomas...I mean, it makes a great stocking stuffer for anyone!
- For the jewelry lover: Fellow blogger, Bonnie, started up an Etsy shop, Hey June, a few months ago, and I have already spent quite a bit of money on gifts there. She makes these beautiful, custom birthstone necklaces that really make a thoughtful, personal gift for anyone on your list. If birthstones aren't your thing, she also makes a variety of necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. (TOMORROW, December 16th is the last day to order for Christmas delivery so get on it!)
Whew! I feel like that was quite a list! If you're still feeling stumped, check out these other gift guides--yes, even the gift guide for men, because some of these can go both ways! (Well, at least for the ladies, anyway.)
Lastly, for your #JAMPackedHoliday, I'm throwing it back to a fun song from British pop group, Sugababes. The song is "Push the Button," and once you hear it I'm sure you'll agree that this song is best set to a shopping montage in an early 2000s rom com.
What are your favorite gift ideas?
This post contains affiliate links, and if you click one and make a purchase, I make a commission. Thanks for supporting Thoroughly Modern!