Right around this time of the year is when I hit my breaking point. We've made it so far through winter, yet it still feels like no end in sight. Luckily, Kate has some great tips today for curing those winter blues! Granted, she lives in Florida but was raised in Connecticut, so she knows a thing or two about this rough time of year!
Good Morning Thoroughly Modern readers, my name is Kate and you can find me over at Green Fashionista where I blog about fashion and beauty reviews, weekend shenanigans, and my all time favorite hobby - traveling. I couldn't be more excited for Kate to welcome her baby girl, and am excited to take over her space while she gets used to being a new momma.
Since we're right smack dab in the middle of winter which happens to be most of our least favorite season, I wanted to share some of my favorite cures for those winter blues. I love to live life to it's fullest whether it be experiencing fun new things in my own city or traveling to new destination.
1. Host a girls night in, and have everyone bring their favorite bottle of wine or champagne. Put out some snacks, and catch up over a chick flick or game night.
2. Movie night in front of the fire place. Don't have a fire place? Light a bunch of yummy scented candles.
5. Make an indulgent home-cooked breakfast/brunch on the weekend with all the fixings. Aside from sleeping in after a long week, look forward to some french toast or pancakes with turkey sausage or bacon and fresh fruit with fresh coffee and/or mimosas because champs.
6. Take a bubble bath. Time to put those bath bombs and spa candles to good use!
8. If you live in a warmer weather climate (and even if you don't), embrace the fun aspects of winter and book a ski trip. Rent out a cabin or a ski in/ski out condo and enjoy the days out on the slopes and evenings in the hot tub or around the fire with some hot cocoa.
How do you like to beat the winter blues?