Tuesday, July 5, 2016

4th of July Weekending

Tuesdays are a real struggle after a very full weekend of celebrations! Luckily, Aida knew we all needed our rest, so she slept until 8am today! In fact, I think she would have slept longer, but we finally woke her up--Matt was getting ready to leave for work, and I very much needed to get some milk out of my body ASAP.

We kicked off our celebrations with dinner with friends and a pitcher of sangrita. Somebody (I won't name any names, but it starts with an 'M' and ends with an 'att') added even more tequila and didn't tell me until I already drank one glass. Lucky for Matt, that extra tequila was the push I needed to order the new bed I wanted--can't wait for it to arrive!


On Saturday, Matt held down the fort while I treated myself to a pedicure. I also took my car (named Midnight Panther, thank you Tom Haverford) to get cleaned inside and out. The last time we did that was the weekend before Aida was born, so it was in need of a thorough wash. I did some shopping at the clearance section in Michaels, and I got to try this bakery in Leesburg I've been wanting to go to for a long time. I'll tell ya, it's a good thing I don't make it there that often--they have this amazing, giant croissants, plus a case full of delicious baked goods! Since it was a holiday weekend, I got us a slice of cheesecake and a slice of chocolate  cake. They were beautiful, instagram worthy desserts--until I went about running errands with the box in my tote bag. They ended up smushed all over each other and a little melty, so no pictures, but good gracious it was delicious!

One of our neighbors invited us to a local 4th of July celebration that was happening Saturday evening, so on a whim we decided to go (and I promise you, "on a whim" does not happen very often with a baby). Aida had a blast--she loved seeing so many people at once, and she got to discover grass for the first time. Little girl couldn't get enough of grabbing at it and pulling it out by the handful. Unfortunately, it was super crowded. Matt stood in line for an hour to get food, and he still wasn't at the front of the line, so at 8:30pm we called it a night and headed home. It was already past little one's bedtime, and no way were we going to get stuck in post-fireworks traffic.

4th of july baby

Sunday was another busy day--swim class followed by brunch and some mall walking. Monday was sadly rainy and gloomy, so we didn't do much--we had lunch with Matt's sister and her family, finished watching Season 1 of Blindspot, then hung out with some neighbors and had steak for dinner. I also made a really delicious chocolate chip smores pie that I will most certainly be making again!
4th of july baby

After such a fun weekend, we're all a little tired, so I think we'll be taking it easy this week. How was your 4th? Still partying or are you ready to crawl into bed until the weekend?

All love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover